• Our 8th Grade Promotion Ceremony will be today at 5:30pm in the North Salem High School Auditorium, followed by our 8th Grade Celebration at Parrish Middle School at 6:30pm. In order for you to participate in the 8th Grade Promotion Ceremony and Celebration, you will need to maintain behavior that is consistent with the Salem-Keizer School District behavior policy. Students receiving major discipline referrals OR multiple, minor referrals (including tardies), in this final 6-week grading period will not be allowed to participate in both the promotion and the celebration. We will be notifying parents/guardians and students if the you are at-risk of not meeting this requirement. We fully expect every student to be successful and we are looking forward to a great final two months of the school-year!
• 8th grade girls only: Anyone wanting a dress for the promotion ceremony, please come to the girls locker room and see Mrs. Norris to check the assortment of dresses available.
• Photo Booth for 8th graders! Bring a dollar, or two, or three, to the 8th grade party after the promotion ceremony. We will have a photo booth available with fun props – make memories with your friends for only one dollar – photos printed while you wait!
• South Salem Girls Basketball camp will commence June 26-29 (Mon-Thurs)
o Ages 7-14
o 75 $ per camper
o Come to the office for more information
• Attention students Cherriots will offering a 2017 Summer Youth pass for only $40.
o Routes will be able to take you to places such as The Hoop, Keizer Station, Get Air Salem, The Rock Box, The Kroc Center etc.
o Will be clean: Should not leave a mess behind.
o Will be silent: Must not draw attention to you.
o Will be subtle: Should not distract or bother others.
o Will be individual: Not be shared with others.
o Fidgets being misused can be taken by the teacher.
• Attention Students interested in Basketball North Salem will be hosting a basketball camp on June 26th-28th from 1pm-4pm.
o Camp is only $40
o Includes camp t-shirt
o Go to the office for more information
• Students- as the weather becomes warmer, dress code expectations are still in effect. Please be aware that you will be asked to change if you are wearing the following:
o Tank tops or other tops that do not come to the edge of the shoulder and/or are cut low under the arm, expose the stomach or parts of the back.
o Shorts and dresses that are above the mid-thigh
o Pants with holes above the mid thigh
o These expectations are for boys and girls. If you do not have clothing to change into, you will be asked to call home. Repeated dress code violations do result in discipline consequences.
• Final locker cleanout is today. You will not be allowed to use your lockers tomorrow, so please don’t bring your backpack!
• Yearbooks! If you pre-purchased a yearbook, you will receive it on the last day of school – AFTER the talent show.
o Yearbook sales are closed until the last day of school. If you want to purchase a yearbook that day – please listen for the announcement during 3rd period. We will call students down alphabetically – and will be selling them at the window in the Lamberson Hall.
o Yearbooks will now be $23
• Attention students, please remember that all food and drink are to be kept in the cafeteria. This includes hot and cold drinks bought before school. They must be consumed in the cafeteria before you head to the gym or to class – and are not an excuse to be tardy. At lunchtime, you must finish your lunch in the cafeteria before heading to the gym. Students who bring food into the gym will be sent back to the cafeteria and will lose their gym privilege for the day.
o Also If you are NOT involved in an after-school event, you need to leave school by 2:30. If you are still in the building and do not have an afterschool program bracelet on, or are under the supervision of a teacher, you will be asked to leave.
• Today, we will have our final inspection. Make sure all library books and science books are returned, and all paper and trash are removed. All posters, stickers, pictures, mirrors, etc. also need to be removed from lockers. Please take everything home with you this afternoon except for binders, school books, and supplies. Thank you!
• Phones, ear buds, and electronics must be out of sight and turned off from 7:35am-2:15pm