• The day has come for the final track announcement. This is the last days to turn in packets. You athletes amazed me with 120 of you already with your packets turned in. 21 of you have until the end of the day to turn your information in and get Mr. Fry coaching long jump. If your packet was just sitting in your back pack please turn it in ASAP! All of you need to be ready April 3rd at 2:30 in the main gym ready for practice. You will need black shorts for track meets and PE shorts are acceptable. Enjoy your break!
• It’s time to sign up for the Spring Session of Enrichment Academy. Pick up a flyer to see all of the choices. You can get one from the stacker outside of the office, or pick one up from Ms. Julie. We will start April 3rd with The Zone only, then all other clubs will start on April 10th.
• Students, if Mr. Scott gave you a packet for the African America Youth Leadership Conference, please return it to him ASAP. If you did not get your packet for the conference, see Mr. Scott to pick one up.
• Students if you would like to be an aide for teachers, the office, or the counselors; you need to get an application in the counseling center. Students will need to have great behavior and a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
• 6th and 7th grade students: Last week, you were given forecasting sheets for choosing electives for next year. Be sure to take these home to share with your parents and bring back this week! It might not be possible to fit your top choices into your schedule, so be sure to choose and rank 5-7 choices in the order you prefer. Remember, if you do not return a forecasting sheet, electives will be chosen for you.
• Salem Keizer’s Got Talent show auditions will be Tuesday, April 4th right after school. If you would like to audition to participate in the district wide talent show please sign up outside Mrs. Hansen’s room, 203. Please remember that acts must be two minutes or less. Auditions will start promptly at 2:30 in the auditorium. If you have questions, please see Mrs. Hansen.
• Attention students, please remember that all food and drink are to be kept in the cafeteria. This includes hot and cold drinks bought before school. They must be consumed in the cafeteria before you head to the gym or to class – and are not an excuse to be tardy. At lunchtime, you must finish your lunch in the cafeteria before heading to the gym. Students who bring food into the gym will be sent back to the cafeteria and will lose their gym privilege for the day.
o Also If you are NOT involved in an after-school event, you need to leave school by 2:30. If you are still in the building and do not have an afterschool program bracelet on, or are under the supervision of a teacher, you will be asked to leave.
• Phones, ear buds, and electronics must be out of sight and turned off from 7:35am-2:15pm