- Varsity team has a game on Thursday against Adam Stephens at NSHS and as you may have already heard, the game is going to be a pink out game for breast cancer awareness so please try to wear pink if possible.
- MESA has started back up for the year and will be meeting on Friday from 2:30-3:30 in room 225. See Ms. Ashley for details.
- If you are interested in Battle of the Books listen up!
We will be meeting TODAY during both lunches.
Grab your lunch and head to the library to see all of the amazing books that were chosen for this years’ battle!
- Thursday is our Pink Out game versus Stephens. We encourage everyone to wear pink during the day and join us at North at 3:45 for the game.
- Looking for a sport that will strengthen your core, improve your cardio, and make you a more dynamic athlete overall? Well, North Salem High School is hosing a 2 week wrestling camp after school at the start of November for all 6th-8th graders, boys and girls, at the Viking Fieldhouse (the old Olinger Pool). Please see Coach Howard or Coach Scott for more information.
- 14 there will be no after school orchestra rehearsal. Continue to come on Thursday. We will continue our regular after school rehearsals Monday and Thursday the week of 21st. If you have any questions please call me at 503-757-7564.
- JV football team – meet during 1st lunch in coach Scott’s room.
- JV football played at Waldo yesterday. The Pios were able to hold the Mustangs off the board and come home with a 36-0 win. Good defensive performances from Julian Estrada, Bobby Garibay, Julian Ruiz and Brayden Gandy. On the offensive side, Chris Gallegos had some good plays, Jace Benjamin ran the ball hard and scored a touchdown and Randolph Kessinger had 3 touchdowns.
- Parrish A team battled back from a 2 game loss to take game 3 and 4, but could not pull off game 5 for the win against Judson. Super server was Telsa with 13 for 14 serves. Super servers were Simone, Mariko, Jaki, and Kayla. Home game today against Stephens.
- 7th graders, it is exactly 1 week before practice starts for you in the main gym. Make sure current physical is turned in and registration has been filled out on line. Season is right around the corner and you don’t want to miss out on the fun! See you next week.
- Attention Boys interested in playing basketball this year: North Salem HS will be hosting FREE future Vikings basketball clinics every Monday in October. Clinics will be held at Salem First Church of the Nazarene on Market St from 5:30 – 7:30 every Monday, beginning October 7th. The clinics will be led by Lane McLeod, head coach of the Viking Boys basketball program. North Salem will also be running boys tournament basketball teams at each grade level, and this is a great opportunity to start work-outs prior to the upcoming season.
- Lost and Found. Please come to the Lost and Found if you’re missing a backpack, binder, clothing or even a water bottle. Anything that isn’t claimed will be given to charity!
- Students, please remember many students and staff members have severe allergies or asthma. These medical conditions are worsened by the presence of perfumes, cologne, and/or body sprays. Please remember, perfumes, colognes and body sprays are prohibited at school. If you have these items at school, please make sure to take them home with you. If you are caught with them, they may be confiscated.
- Attention students: Friday, October 25th will be the last day you can use Red Tickets in the Pride Store. Please make sure to visit the store before next Friday to cash your tickets in for some great prizes. For 20 tickets, you can get a “Mystery Bag” filled with wonderful treats and prizes. Starting this week we will also have “Popcorn Thursday”. For 20 tickets, you can get a bag of fresh popcorn on Thursdays only. Please make sure you spend your red tickets before it’s too late!
- Activity bus.
Bus will depart between 4:35 and 4:40 every day and will run Monday thru Thursday only. The bus will stop at Grant, Highland, Hoover, Englewood and the Boys and Girls Club on Summer Street.
- Students – you must exit the building by 2:30 unless you are in an after school activity or in a sport. If you are waiting for a sport event to start, you need to exit the building and go to the gym side of the building.
- The office phone if for emergency purposes only. Please ask politely to use the phone and state the reason.